Many customers use VWO to manage multiple domains and prefer to keep each website under a different workspace. By default, the visitor quota is allocated to your main workspace, which also gets consumed by your other workspaces. However, you can redesign the portioning of the visitor volume across your workspaces, as required.
Let us consider that you are running an Insights campaign, where you want to analyze the behaviour of the visitors in the journey towards purchasing a product or signing up for your website. By default, the system allows the visitors to be consumed by all your workspaces on the basis of first-come-first-served. This might cause irregular distribution of visitor quota, which in turn would result in insufficient or exhausted quota for those workspaces that require them.
To tackle the situation, you can configure the allocation of your visitor quota across your workspaces based on their respective needs.
On the Accounts > Visitor Allocation page, you can allocate visitors to each of your workspaces according to the traffic volume and requirements. The administrator of the main workspace can create other workspaces and define visitor traffic allocation for each of them.
The page displays visitors allocated to the main workspace and the other workspaces (if any) for all VWO products (except VWO Engage). It is categorized into three main sections:
- Allocated Usage: Displays the allocated visitor count and actual usage for each workspace. If no workspaces are defined, there is no allocation, and all the quota remains in the unallocated pool.
- Unallocated usage: Displays the total visitor quota that is remaining under the main account, which has not been allocated to any workspace. If you have not allocated the visitor quota to any workspace, all the workspaces will be listed under unallocated usage.
- Disabled accounts: Displays the accounts that have been disabled. The number of visitors consumed by the account prior to their disabling is displayed for each account.
1. Use the Visitor Allocation option only when it is necessary for your account.
2. Do not change the allocation for the VWO Insights quota multiple times, as it may skew your reports.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Click the gear icon ⚙ on the top right, and go to Accounts > Visitor Allocation.
- To allocate visitors to workspaces or update existing allocations, click the Edit Allocation button corresponding to the VWO product for which you want to perform the operation.
- Click Allocate Visitors for each workspace you wish to allocate visitors to.
- Use the slider, or enter the traffic percentage or count that you want to allocate for the specific workspace. For example, if your account has a total of 1,000 visitors, a 20% allocation to a workspace would mean that 200 visitors are allocated to the workspace.
- To remove allocation from a workspace, click Remove Allocation. If the removed workspace has already consumed any visitor traffic, the corresponding allocation and usage are displayed.
- To make the changes, click Save.