You typically create a session recording to record the visitor actions across your webpages. This gives a picture of how your website or application is being used by visitors. For example, if you have an e-commerce website, you can see how the users navigate through different product pages of your website and then identify the reasons that lead either to a conversion or a drop-off.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to INSIGHTS > Session Recordings.
The Session Recordings dashboard appears.
- To create a view, click CREATE VIEW present in the panel on the right.
The New View page appears.
- To give a title for your view, click on the pencil icon present next to New View.
- In the URL field, enter the URL of the page(s) you want to record.
PRO-TIP: Click the Advanced tab next to the URL field to include or exclude URLs from the view. Using this tab, you can also define advanced pattern-matching options to include either a broad URL with wildcard entries or a specific URL.
- To record the behavior of the specified group, enable the option to Enable recording a specific visitor group. To know more about defining audience segments, refer to How to Target a Visitor Segment Through a Test.
- To schedule the recording to run, pause, or stop at specific times, expand the Advanced Options to enable and set the scheduling. To know more about the scheduling option, refer to How to Schedule Your VWO Test.
- Click CREATE to complete setting up the session recording view.
You can either immediately start running the view or choose to start it at a later time.
To verify whether your Session Recording View is successfully created, go to INSIGHTS > Session Recordings. The recently created View must appear in the View tab present in the Session Recordings dashboard.
After the View is created, VWO displays a preview of the recording you have generated. Next time you want this recording, all you have to do is select the view from the Views panel on the right side of the dashboard and then click View Recording.