For any session recording in VWO, you can typically view the following:
- Location of the visitor
- Number of pages recorded
- Duration of the recording in seconds
- The device used by the visitor to access the website
- Browser used to access your website, and
- The operating system of your visitor’s device
NOTE: VWO will remove any trailing slash ‘/’ at the end of the URL you want
to view. For example, https://example.com/t/top/6/ will be trimmed to https://example.com/t/top/6.
Filter Recordings by Date
You can filter the session recordings reports based on the dates and segments if you have enabled the segmentation option for the goal.
To filter reports within a specific date range, enable the Select a date range checkbox. Select the date range for which you want to view the reports. By default, the session recordings report displays data for the last 30 days.
- Last 30 Days: View reports of the last 30 days from today.
- Last 7 Days: View reports of the last 7 days from today.
- Yesterday: View yesterday's recording data.
- Today: View today's recording data.
Filter Recordings by User Segments
Using the User Segments filter, you can filter out the session recordings based on the segmentation conditions. To apply the segmentation filter, go to the Filters tab in the Session Recordings dashboard and click All Visitors. Here, you can define your segmentation conditions. To learn more about configuring conditions in a segment, refer to Segmentation in VWO.
VWO Session Recordings have a few additional custom segments that you can filter on. You can find these in the OTHERS category of the Segment Gallery. All you need to do it, go to the CUSTOM section, and from the first dropdown choose OTHERS. To know more about custom segments, refer to Defining Custom Segments in VWO.
Under the OTHERS category, the following options are available:
- Test Campaign
This option allows you to filter the session recordings based on your existing test campaigns.
If you wish to filter out the session recordings based on your goals, use this option.
- Funnel Drop Off
If for a funnel, you wish to find out at which step, visitors are dropping off. Use this option to filter the session records.
- Custom Dimension
If you wish to filter the session recordings based on the custom dimension, use this option.
Report Specific Filters
You can create a filter based on any of the following parameters:
- Page count
- Entry Page URL
- Visited Page URL
- Exit Page URL
NOTE: You can also combine multiple filters and use the brackets  to
combine multiple filters.
- Go to INSIGHTS > Session Recordings.
- From the Session Recordings dashboard, click Report Specific Filters.
- From the conditions dropdown, select a condition you want to filter the report on.
INFO: Available options that you can specify as conditions are:
Page count, Entry Page URL, Visited Page URL, Exit Page URL, Duration.
By default, the PAGE COUNT option appears in Conditions dropdown.
- From the Operator dropdown, select the operation.
NOTE: By default, the IS EQUAL TO option appears in the operator’s
- Once you have selected the operator, enter the value in the field next to the operator.
NOTE: You can add multiple filters by clicking Add a filter option.
- Click Save to save your changes.