To understand how a user interacts with your website, you need to interpret the recording of their session. To view the session recording report, go to INSIGHTS > Session Recordings, and in the Session Recordings dashboard, select the recording you want to view.
Interpreting a Session Recording
The session recording of a visitor can help you map the analyze their journey on your website. The Visitor Recordings UI has the following elements:
- Play/Pause: To pause the playback or start it if paused.
- Next/Previous: Move to the next/previous session of the visitor.
- Adjust Playback Speed: Change the speed of playback- 1x, 2x and 4x.
- Page URLs: It shows the URL of the current page.
- Visitor profile: Number of available recorded sessions of the visitor. By clicking on the Visitor Profile, the list of sessions for that visitor appears and you choose to play any of them.
NOTE: Enterprise users will also see the configured custom dimensions associated with the visitor or the current playing session.
- Add observations: Using the EYE option present in the session recording player, you can add a note or a comment about the observation you made while the recording was playing. Say, you notice that users are clicking on particular text even though it's not a hyperlink. Here, you can add an observation saying "visitors are clicking here and they expect an href".
As soon as you click the EYE icon, the recording gets paused and you can add note corresponding the time where you noticed such behavior.
- Checkboxes: The Recordings interface contains different checkboxes for you to select to get more specific insights:
- Show clicks: Select this option if you want the clicks to be highlighted in a recording. The color codes for the left-click and right-click are shown in the screenshot below.
- Show Mouse Trail: Select this option if you want to record mouse movements.
- Skip Pauses: Select this option if you want to see only the portions which have activity.
- Autoplay Next Recording: Select this option if the next session of the visitor needs to be loaded and played automatically in a continuous manner