Surveys in VWO lets you collect feedback directly from your website visitors. Using this, you can ask specific questions to draw out feedback from visitors. To create a Survey in VWO, go to INSIGHTS > Surveys.
The end-to-end process of creating a survey in VWO typically involves the following steps:
- Setting up the pages to run the survey on
- Defining the user actions to trigger the pop-up survey
- Adding questions to the survey
- Configuring additional options
- Finalizing the survey
Setting-up the Pages to Run the Survey on
The first step in the creation of a Survey is to define the URL where you want your survey to appear, and to configure the visitor segments for your survey.
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to INSIGHTS > Surveys.
- On the Surveys dashboard, click CREATE.
- To enter a title for your Survey, click on the edit button next to Campaign.
- In the URL field, enter the URL of the page where you want the survey to appear.
NOTE: Using the ADVANCED tab, you can also configure your survey include or exclude URLs from the survey. Here, you can also define advanced pattern-matching options to include either a broad URL with wildcard entries or a specific URL. To learn more about URL options, refer to URL patterns in VWO.
- To target your survey for specific visitor segments, enable the Show this survey to a specific visitor group option. Targeting surveys for specific visitor groups allow you to analyze the survey reports, based on the visitor segments you have defined. To know how to create segments, refer to How to Use Segment Gallery.
- Click Next.
Defining the User Actions to Trigger the Pop-up Survey
Once you have configured the URL and the visitor segments, the next step is to define triggers for the surveys to appear. Triggers determine when your survey would be displayed to your visitors. You can either use the option Select from this list of commonly used triggers to show your survey to select a trigger type from the list of most commonly used triggers for the survey or you can define a custom trigger by using the option Create advanced trigger conditions to show your survey. To learn how to configure advanced triggers, refer to How to Add Triggers for On-page Surveys
Adding Questions to The Survey
You can add different question types to collect information from your website visitors. You can add, edit, reorder, add the next step or question to display to the survey respondents. Using the Add Questions option, you can add questions to your survey. To learn how to add questions to a survey, refer to Adding Questions to a Survey in VWO.
Configuring Additional Options
In the OPTIONS section, you can configure the look and feel of your survey pop-up box, custom branding option, and the position of the visitor’s screen where you want the survey pop-up to appear.
You can configure the following options:
Select a position for the survey to appear on the screen. By default, a survey appears on the bottom right of the page. Using the option present in the Position dropdown, you can change the position of the survey to display it on the right or left side of the visitor screen.
Select a theme for the survey pop-up. The Theme dropdown shows a number of themes to choose from. Select anyone to get a preview on the top of the screen. You can also create your own custom theme by selecting the option New Theme from the dropdown. When you click New Theme, the CSS of the Dark theme is loaded in two code boxes where you can customize the theme. If you want to load a different theme for customization, select the theme to load using the Base theme drop-down list.
- Preferred Language
Using the options present in the Preferred Language dropdown, you can set your preferred language for your survey to translate system messages and field validation errors. For example, you can translate field error validation messages like ‘A response is required’ in another language to make it relevant for your website visitors.
- Survey Branding
Using the Remove VWO branding option, you can remove VWO branding and optionally add your own branding by uploading your logo by clicking on BROWSE. Select this option if you want to remove VWO branding in the survey.
NOTE: If you are loading your own logo, ensure that its dimensions are exactly 320 x 100 px.
Finalizing the Survey
The last step in the creation process of a survey is FINALIZE. On the finalize page, you can name the survey, specify the traffic percentage, and define other additional settings.
- To easily identify your Survey, enter a name for your survey in the Campaign name field.
- To increase or decrease the traffic percentage for your survey, expand the Traffic Split option and move the slider under the option Select percentage of traffic you want to include in the campaign accordingly. You can also enter the traffic percentage in the text box manually.
- To set the scheduling for your survey, select the Enable Scheduling option to automatically start or pause a survey at a certain time and date or after exceeding a certain number of visitors. Click here to know more about scheduling a survey.
- Enable the Hide campaign name in visitor settings to replace your test or variation information with a standard content format when visitors try to view the information using the “view page source” option in their browsers. For example, if you have a survey named “Survey for pricing page,” VWO will replace it with a survey-numerical ID (such as survey123456). If this option is enabled, website visitors cannot view your important details (such as survey name, variations name, and so on).
NOTE: You cannot enable this option for running a survey that is paused or stopped.
- To add notes to your survey, click Add Notes.
NOTE: Adding notes helps filter surveys easily.
- To add labels to your survey, click Add Labels.
NOTE: Adding labels helps filter surveys easily.
- To create the Survey, click Finish.
Once your survey is successfully saved, you have the option to START NOW or you can choose to PREVIEW CAMPAIGN AND START LATER.
To verify whether your Survey is successfully created, go to INSIGHTS > Survey. The recently created Survey must appear in the Surveys dashboard.