Running VWO Surveys is a great way to engage with your website visitors and collect their feedback right from the moment they start interacting with your website. The survey reports give you an insight that whether the website is serving its purpose or not. Also, it provides a detailed report of the respondent data in the most comprehensive manner.
To learn how to generate insights from the Surveys report in VWO, refer to this video.
To access a survey report, go to INSIGHTS > Surveys. From the survey’s dashboard, select the survey for which you want to view the report. Now, to view the report, go to the DETAILED REPORT tab. In the detailed report tab, you can view your survey report in these views- OVERVIEW, RESPONDENT VIEW, QUESTION VIEW.
This section gives a graphical representation of the general overview of the number of questions, number of attempts, and completed questions. To access the overview section, go to the DETAILED REPORT > OVERVIEW. In this view, you can track visitors’ data at different stages of the survey and can view their session recordings to get deeper insights into respondent behavior for every survey question.
In this view, you can view the answers selected by each respondent. To access this view, go to the DETAILED REPORT > RESPONDENT VIEW. From the panel on the right, you can select respondents for whom you want to view the report. This panel also shows the date and time when a respondent participated in a survey.
In the Respondent View, the questions that your survey respondents skipped or did not attempt are displayed with the text VISITOR SKIPPED THIS QUESTION.
NOTE: If you select the Ask your respondents for email check-box while
creating a survey, a message icon appears next to the responses by the
visitors who typed their email addresses when prompted. Clicking this
icon opens a modal box where you can write an email, and then send it
directly to a particular respondent.
This view shows a graphical representation of the survey, but there is a separate tab for each question. The individual question for which you want to see a report can be selected from the panel on the right.
View Recordings of Visitors based on Survey Responses
You can view recordings of your survey based on the responses you have received. For example, you can view recordings of visitors who selected No as a response or selected a specific option from the drop-down list.
If you have been receiving poor NPS ratings, you can view recordings for respondents who gave you low ratings. With the recordings, you can find out what went wrong and what worked well. You can analyze how users searched for information or behaved on the website, and understand why they responded that way. To view the recording, click on the dropdown arrow present in the Response section and select the View Recordings option.
NOTE: This option might not be visible for all the responses as the Session Recordings works on the principle of Sampling whereas Surveys do not.
You have some more options in the More Options dropdown. This option only appears after you have selected a report from the dashboard.
- Email- Use this option to email the links for accessing the survey to other collaborators.
- Download- Use this to download survey reports.
- Clone- Replicate the survey when you have to create another similar goal. In situations where you need minimal changes to a goal, you can simply clone the survey and make the required changes to save time and effort. The cloned survey will have a new ID.
- Archive- Remove the survey from the dashboard list but does not delete the survey. It will continue to exist but will not clutter your dashboard and you can easily access it in the future if needed.
- Trash- Remove the survey and move it to the temporary storage. Trashed items will not be accessible after a certain period of time.
- Flush Data- Clear all data collected for the survey. You can use this feature to make changes to an existing survey that already has some data. You can run the goal fresh again after flushing the data.