To create a segment for visitors landing on your website through online marketing campaigns, such as AdWords or Facebook campaigns, you can use the query parameters option in VWO. You can create a segment while creating the test or enable segmenting for an already created test.
To configure the settings for your segments, select the option Enable campaign for a specific visitor group.
- Login to your VWO account.
- Using the TESTING section, create a test campaign.
- In the URL(s) page, expand the More Options section and select the option Enable campaign for a specific visitor group.
- Now, go to the CUSTOM segment. To know more about custom segments in VWO, refer to How to Define Custom Visitor Segments.
- From the first dropdown, select the Source as a Query Parameter.
- In the second dropdown, select the appropriate operator and in the field next to it, enter the desired value. For example, if you want to run a test based on an AdWords campaign, use the query parameter that uniquely identifies your AdWords campaign. Similarly, enter the appropriate parameters and associated values for any other campaign you want to include in the segment.
- To add multiple conditions, click Add condition. Also, you can define the logical relationship between the different conditions using the AND/OR operators, and use brackets to organize the segment condition.