Visitor segmentation is a way of categorizing your website visitors into groups, based on specific criteria such as location, the device used to access the site, the hour of the day, or any other user behaviors.
Visitors to a different subgroup are likely to behave or buy in the same way. You may create segments by specifying the conditions that allow VWO to decide which segment a visitor is eligible for and run the correct test or variation.
After you have enabled segmentation for a test, you can slice and dice the data of the report, based on the segments you have defined for it. To know more about segmentation in VWO, refer to Using Segmentation in VWO.
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to INSIGHTS or TESTING and select a feature you want to work with.
- Expand the More Options section and select the option Enable campaign for a specific visitor group.
- Go to the CUSTOM section, select a category, and a condition to run your test for a particular visitor group.
- From the first dropdown, select a segment type. To learn more about the available options, refer to Available Options For Configuring Custom Segments.
- From the second dropdown, select an operation and in the field next to it, enter details for the selected segment condition such as URL details, query parameters, or location, and so on.
- To create a complex visitor segment, use brackets and AND/OR operators to define your conditions.