To understand how a user interacts with your website, you need to interpret the recording of their session. To view the session recording report, go to INSIGHTS > Session Recordings and in the Session Recordings dashboard, select the recording you want to view.
Interpreting a Session Recording
The session recording of a visitor can help you map the analyze their journey on your website. The Visitor Recordings UI has the following elements:
- Play/Pause: To pause the playback or start it if paused.
- Next/Previous: Move to the next/previous session of the visitor.
- Adjust Playback Speed: Change the speed of playback- 1x, 2x and 4x.
- Page URLs: It shows the URL of the current page.
- Visitor profile: Number of available recorded sessions of the visitor. By clicking on the Visitor Profile, the list of sessions for that visitor appears and you choose to play any of them.
- Checkboxes: The Recordings interface contains different checkboxes for you to select to get more specific insights:
- Show clicks: Select this option if you want the clicks to be highlighted in a recording. The color codes for the left-click and right-click are shown in the screenshot below.
- Show Mouse Trail: Select this option if you want to record mouse movements.
- Skip Pauses: Select this option if you want to see only the portions which have activity.
- Autoplay Next Recording: Select this option if the next session of the visitor needs to be loaded and played automatically in a continuous manner