In this article, you’ll learn:
MoEngage is a platform that facilitates insights-led customer engagement through its impactful analysis and segmentation features.
To learn more about MoEngage, click here.
By integrating VWO with MoEngage you can channel your website visitor data from VWO to your MoEngage account for further analysis. Through this, you will be able to drill down the parameters and gauge the performance of each variation in your VWO test campaign.
Enabling the MoEngage Integration for Your VWO Account
The following are the prerequisites to enable the VWO-MoEngage integration in your VWO account:
- You should possess an active MoEngage account
- You should implement MoEngage analytics code on your webpage
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to the INTEGRATIONS page, which provides integrations to be enabled at the account-level. By doing so, the integrations are applied to all test campaigns in the future, by default.
- Click on the MoEngage integration tile and click Enable Now to enable it.
- Once done, the MoEngage screen within the INTEGRATIONS page looks like this:
If you wish to enable the MoEngage integration for your existing campaigns, you can edit your campaign settings as shown below. Go to SETTINGS > OTHERS, expand the Integrate with third-party products section, and select the MoEngage option.
Post enabling the integration, you can start sending your VWO experiment data to MoEngage at the campaign level.
Specifications of VWO Experiment Data Sent to MoEngage
The data from VWO is sent to MoEngage with the following specifics:
Here, exp_name is the campaign name and var_name is the variation name in VWO.
Viewing Reports in MoEngage
To view the VWO visitor data in your MoEngage account, perform the following steps.
- Log in to your MoEngage account.
- From the left panel, click Create new and go to Segment.
- In the Create segment page, under User behavior, select VWO from the Select an event dropdown.
- Specify the number of visits that you want to track for the visitors that landed on your website and the period during which the visit(s) took place.
NOTE: The number of visits here strictly corresponds to the visits made on a page that is included in a VWO campaign.
- Click +Attribute to add a VWO attribute. Select vwo_campaign_name or vwo_variation_name if you want to filter the report based on a specific VWO campaign or a variation name, respectively.
- Once done, click Show count.
- Under Query Results, click on a query to view the corresponding report in detail.
Verifying the Integration Setup
You can check if the integration setup is complete by verifying the network calls to identify the data pushed from VWO to MoEngage. To do so, perform the following steps:
- Right-click on the page, where your test campaign is running and select Inspect Element.
- Under the Network tab, search for “MoEngage” to filter the network calls for MoEngage.
- The network calls get populated as the page loads. You may reload the page to view the network calls.
- Select a network call to view further details.
- Scroll down to the Request Payload section in the Payload tab, where you can find e: “VWO”, indicating the event pushed by VWO.
- Expand a: to know the details of the data pushed during the event.