You can now group the test report by different values of visitor dimensions. Visitor dimensions are attributes of people who visit your website. Attributes include the country they came from, the device and browser they used, and similar data points.
The report of an A/B test shows the performance of different variations for your website’s overall traffic. You have the option to filter the report by a segment or compare multiple segments. Previously, if you wanted to view the data for top devices that your visitors use, you can compare all device segments and generate a report. However, if you wanted to compare data for the top 5 countries, you did not have an easy way to add them to the same report.
To do this, you had to identify top countries using your analytics and create respective segments in VWO. Now, you have an option to break down a test report by a particular dimension such as the Country or Device and view the data segmented by all values of the dimension such as US, India, Australia or Mobile, Desktop, and Tablet.
This feature is being rolled out in phases to the customers on VWO Testing Pro and Enterprise plans.
VWO also allows you to break down your report by dimension and compare data for multiple goals in the same view. This adds a new column to the report for Goals (refer to the below image).
Benefits of Test Report Breakdown
- Breaking down a report by dimensions makes it easier to populate data for all values of a dimension. You can know how many visitors convert from different traffic sources or devices.
- Along with that, you can also see the performance of variations over multiple goals and for all values of a dimension in a single view.
Things to Consider While Adding a Dimension
- To break down your test report, you can add up to two dimensions. In the first and second columns of the table, the selected dimensions are shown. Also, while selecting the dimensions, you have the option to drag and reorder them.
- Variations are already selected in the report as a dimension and cannot be removed.
- By default, the top five values of the dimensions are loaded in the report. The rest of the values are grouped in the Other values row. Here, you can see the total number of values that are grouped into others and can load more values in the report grouped at others.
- You may either compare segments or apply dimensions to your test report at a time. Doing both is not possible currently.
- You can break down reports by custom dimensions created in your account. All User scoped custom dimensions will be available as options to break down your report.
- At times, you may see the Not Set value in the dimension column. This can happen when a certain value doesn’t resolve to a valid output or when there is no data for it at all. Say there are visitors on your website from an unidentified browser; you will see them as Not Set in the report.
- When a dimension is added to the report, you will also see an overall row. If you have multiple dimensions added to the report, a total row will be available for each value of both dimensions.
- This capability is available in campaigns created after January 2020.
- This capability is available in the A/B test, Split URL test, Fullstack A/B test, and Feature test.
Adding a Dimension to Your Test Report
To add a dimension to your VWO test report, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- From the panel on the left, go to TESTING, and select a test type, say A/B.
- From the test dashboard, select the test for which you want to view the report.
- Go to the REPORT tab.
- From the Breakdown by Dimensions dropdown, select the dimension you wish to add to your report.
NOTE: A maximum of two dimensions can be selected at once, out of which variations dimension is selected by default. Thus, you can only select one dimension.
- Click APPLY to apply the segments.
- To remove the dimension from your test report, unselect it.
NOTE: To remove all dimensions, click on the RESET button at the bottom of the Breakdown by Dimensions dropdown.