In this article, you’ll learn:
About Environments in VWO FullStack
VWO FullStack requires customers to incorporate changes in their codebase to accommodate VWO FullStack SDK. Since changing code directly impacts users, developers typically test the changes first in a staging environment before releasing them to the production environment. The majority of VWO FullStack campaigns have two or three environments.
Though working with environments creates a safe release cycle, sometimes the reports might get polluted with data from staging or non-production environments.
To address this, we’ve introduced environment-specific reporting, which enables you to obtain a report tailored to the environments of your interest - typically the PRODUCTION environment. To know how you can view environment-specific reports, refer to Viewing Environment-specific Reports in VWO.
We are gradually enabling this feature for our customers. If this is not yet available on your account, please write to us at email@example.com.
Things to Consider While Working With Environment-specific Reports in VWO
- Flushing campaign data will flush data for all environments.
- Environment-specific reporting has no impact on the test winner, i.e., the winner variation is still computed on the complete or all data.
- If you've got multiple projects, you must first select the project you wish to view the reports for, followed by the specific environment.
Viewing Environment-specific Reports in VWO
To view an environment-specific report in VWO FullStack, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- From the left panel, go to FULLSTACK > Feature Tests or A/B.
- From the list of tests that appear, select the one you want to work with and go to the Report tab.
- In the Report tab, you can choose to view the environment-specific report by selecting the respective environment. The chosen environment stands out with a blue background around the environment name.
NOTE: By default, All is selected, implying that the report contains data from all environments.