VWO FullStack is typically a type of A/B testing wherein the variations of a particular test are rendered directly from the webserver and then premeditatedly sent to the visitors’ device.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to FullStack > A/B.
- To create a new A/B test campaign, click Create.
New Feature Test Campaign page appears.
- In the Campaign Key field, enter a name for your campaign.
- From the Project dropdown, choose a project you want to work with.
NOTE: The Project dropdown displays the project which you have created in the project creation step. If you have not created any project, select the option Create Project from the dropdown. To know how to create a project, refer to Configuring Projects in VWO FullStack.INFO: Once you select a project, the Environment Name field displays the environment(s) marked as Default during project creation.
- From the Environment Name dropdown, select the environment where you want to run your test. This dropdown displays the environment(s) which you have chosen in the project creation step.
NOTE: By default, the environments marked as Default during the project creation appear in the dropdown. To select more environments, select the ones present in the dropdown.
- To add more projects, click Add another project.
- Click Next.
The Variations page appears.
- On the Variations page, you have the option to add a Variation.
NOTE: As soon you make any change on this page, the code block present at the bottom of the page gets updated accordingly. To define the logic for your variation, you need to write the code in this block.
- Click Next.
- In the Goals / Metrics (if your workspace is enabled with Data360) page that appears, define the goals/metrics that you want to track.
- Click Next.
The Traffic Allocation page appears.
- On the Traffic Allocation page, specify the percentage of users you want to allocate to the campaign.
- In the Advanced Options section, you can avail the following configuration options:
- Add to mutually exclusive group - Select this option to keep the visitors of your test campaigns mutually exclusive of each other. Visitors taking part in one of the campaigns in the mutually exclusive group will not be part of another in the same group. Click here to learn more.
- Enable campaign for a specific user group - Select this option to target your campaigns at a specific segment of visitors. You can either select a predefined template from the Standard Segments or create your own custom segment. Click here to learn more.
- Force users in specific variations - Select this option to display a certain variation or the control for specific visitors. Click on the Edit icon corresponding to the respective variation/control and apply segmentation, as mentioned here.
NOTE: The segmentation criteria applied in the Force users in specific variations option will be applicable even to those visitors who fail to qualify the criteria specified in the Enable campaign for a specific user group option.
- Calculate the winner using data from a specific environment of a project - Select this option to enable VWO to calculate the winner based on the results obtained from a specific environment corresponding to the selected project.
- You can select only one project and one environment at once. However, the campaign report will also include data from all the projects and environments involved in it.
- This option is available only for Data360-enabled workspaces.
- Enable Scheduling - Select this option to schedule your campaign.
- Anonymize campaign name in settings-file - Select this option to use the campaign’s ID instead of the name of the campaign in the VWO settings fetched from the SDK.
- Enable bucketing seed - This option is enabled by default. It applies much better randomization, which is really helpful when the campaign involves visitors who are exposed to multiple campaigns sequentially or concurrently.
- Click Create.
To verify if your A/B test campaign is successfully created, go to FullStack > A/B, and search for the campaign you have created in the campaign list.