One Click Unsubscribe is a feature on your VWO Engage(Formerly PushCrew) account which will allow subscribers of push notifications on your website to unsubscribe with just one click.
Here’s how you can set it up :
- Login to your VWO Engage account. Go to Account Settings icon. Check the box for ‘Add a one-click unsubscribe link for your subscribers’. You can see a preview of how it will work by clicking on Full Preview.
- Click on Save button for saving the changes. Please wait for a few minutes for them to reflect on your website.
- Once activated, when you send the next notification and a subscriber clicks on it, a small clickable message saying “Unsubscribe from Notifications” will appear on the bottom right of the landing page of the notification.
- Eg: If you send a notification which lands on the page “yourwebsite.com/blog/abcd”, this landing page will show the “Unsubscribe from Notifications” message at the bottom right as shown below:
When a subscriber clicks on this message, they will see a message to confirm as shown below:
If they click on Yes, they will see a confirmation message as shown below :
If they click on No, they will see the original “Unsubscribe from Notifications” message again which they can choose to dismiss by clicking on the ‘x’ button
(NOTE: If "Push Notification Preferences & One-Click Unsubscribe" both are enabled on your VWO Engage Dashboard Privacy Settings, you will see the option as "Show Preferences" and not "Unsubscribe from Notifications".
Important points :
- The “Unsubscribe from Notifications” message will only show if the landing page of the push notification has the VWO Engage Smart Code added to it
- For Business and Enterprise plans, the One Click Unsubscribe will not have the Powered by VWO Engage branding
- For Free and Premium plans, the One Click Unsubscribe will have the Powered by VWO Engage branding