If your Safari certificate to receive web push notifications is about to expire or has expired, an alert appears in the VWO Engage dashboard notifying the same. This helps you in renewing your safari certificate before it expires. This way, you would never miss out on any push notifications being sent to your subscribers.
Let's delve more into how and when this alert appears and what are the considerations that you must keep in mind.
When Does the Renewal Alert Appear?
The renewal alert appears on the dashboard either 30 days before the expiry date or if your Sarafi certificate has expired.
Not just the alert on the dashboard, but you would also receive an email notifying you of the same.
NOTE: The email notifications are only sent to the paid customers.
You will receive an email notification on the 30th, 15th, and 0 days from the expiry date of your Safari certificate. Based on the day, the subject line of the email notifications would be:
- VWO Engage: Safari Website Push ID Certificate expiring in 30 days
- VWO Engage: Safari Website Push ID Certificate expiring in 15 days
- VWO Engage: Safari Website Push ID Certificate expired
NOTE: The email notification will be sent to the account owner and would
also, be cc'd to all the other admins and users of the main workspace (if any).
What Does the Alert Say?
- When your Safari certificate has not yet expired but will expire in 30 days or less. For example, if your safari certificate expires on 15-July-2020, then on 15-June-2020 (which is 30 days before the expiry date), the renew alert appears as:
- When your Safari certificate has expired. For example, if the safari certificate has expired, the renew alert appears as:
Steps to Upload a Renewed Certificate
To upload a renewed certificate, perform these:
- Login to VWO Engage.
- Click on the Settings icon present on the top right corner of the app.
- Go to Smartcode > Browser Configurations, and corresponding to the Safari (Mac) browser, click the Configure button. Alternatively, you can click on the Upload button present in the renew alert that appears on the dashboard.
- Create a CER/P12 certificate from the Apple account with the same web push id. To know how to do this, refer to How to Create a Safari Certificate.
- Once created, upload the renewed certificate using the option Upload Certificate.
- If required, upload a new icon using the option Upload Icon.
- Click SAVE.
To verify, if the Safari certificate got successfully renewed, check the VWO engage Dashboard. The alert to renew and upload the certificate must not appear.
Renewing And Uploading FAQs
- What happens if the customer uploads an expired certificate?
The certificate has already expired message appears.
- What happens if the customer uploads a certificate of a different web push id?
We don't recommend customers for changing web push id as it will result in non-delivery of notification to existing safari subscribers, however, if a customer still wants to change the web push id, he/she can proceed with the change by accepting the warning.