Session Recordings in VWO allow you to record visitor interactions with your website and replay them in a form of video. These recordings show how users interact with your website, by capturing their mouse movements, scrolls, and clicks. They work on the basis of sampling.
Analyzing the visitor recordings helps you map the user journey on your website and figure out exactly why they are dropping off, what’s stopping them from buying, or where do they spend most of their time on a page.
With the Session Recording feature of VWO, you can typically do the following:
- Record sessions on a single page or on the entire website
- Use scheduling to record visits on specific days and time or until “X” number of visitors are recorded
- Use the menu at the bottom to increase playback speed, skip pauses, use the seek bar to jump to any point in playback, and so on
- Annotate recordings with your observations
- Save recordings to your VWO account, or download the recordings to your computer
To learn how to create Visitor Recordings, How to Create a Recording View.
NOTE: VWO allows you to configure recordings to not store sensitive
information. By default, VWO hides all key presses to avoid storing or
transmitting any personal or sensitive data to VWO servers.