In VWO Personalize, apart from applying campaign-level segmentation, you can also apply experience-level targeting. While creating a Personalize campaign, the TARGETS page allows you to keep the experiences specific to the segment of visitors that you choose. It enables you to ensure that the visitors are viewing the most relevant experience that you have tailored for them. Furthermore, when certain cohorts qualify for more than one segmentation condition, you can also configure the prioritization of the experiences as you desire.
Targeting the visitor segments for your Personalize experiences is a two-step process:
- Applying Visitor Segments for Experiences
- Randomizing or Prioritizing Experiences in case of Multiple Qualifications
Applying Visitor Segments for Experiences
To apply targeting conditions for your experiences, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the main menu, click PERSONALIZE.
- After setting up the campaign URLs and creating experiences, navigate to the TARGETS page. To know more about creating a Personalize campaign, refer to this article.
Click on Select Visitor Segment against each of the experiences to apply the appropriate targeting condition. Refer to this article for more information on available visitor segments in VWO.
NOTE: This segmentation is applied as a layer over the campaign-level segmentation that you have applied under the URLs page. This means that the campaign-level segmentation condition will be checked for the visitors that land on the campaign URL, while the experience-level targeting conditions will be checked after that.
Randomizing or Prioritizing Experiences in case of Multiple Qualifications
Sometimes, there are chances where a visitor may qualify for more than one experience. This happens for those targeting conditions that share an intersection. Look at the example highlighted in the following image.
Here, a visitor from California is eligible for both California and All States experiences. For such cases, VWO provides you with the Tiebreaker for Multiple Qualifications section that empowers you to decide which experience should be served for a visitor that falls within more than one target segment. To do so, you can choose one from the following options:
- Random Selection - Buckets the visitor into one of the relevant experiences randomly.
- Priority - Displays the relevant experience based on the priority that you set up. Clicking on this option displays the experiences in the order of creation. You can drag and reorder the experiences to prioritize them.