In this article, you’ll learn:
Amplitude is a product analytics platform that uses collaborative analytics to help organizations track visitor behavior. The platform employs behavioral reporting to better understand how users interact with products and deliver real-time insights to speed up work in real-time. It helps businesses grow by using conversion and retention metrics. To learn more about Amplitude, click here.
ATTENTION: The steps explained in this article are exclusive to Amplitude JS/Web SDK. If you're using an Amplitude JS/Web SDK node package manager, you must use the VWO Amplitude integration plugin to implement this integration. Remember that the integration performed via the node package manager will not provide you with the ability to choose the campaign data to be sent from your VWO account to Amplitude. It streams all of the active campaign data from VWO to Amplitude.
Integrating VWO with Amplitude allows you to push your website visitor data from VWO to Amplitude to be analyzed further.
The end-to-end process of integrating Amplitude with VWO involves the following steps:
Enabling the Amplitude Integration for Your VWO Account
To enable the VWO-Amplitude integration on your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to Configurations > Integrations.
- Click on the Amplitude integration and enable it. Once enabled, the Amplitude screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
If you'd like to enable the Amplitude integration for your existing campaigns, you can edit your campaign settings as shown below.NOTE: Ensure that the Amplitude option is enabled in the Integrate with third-party products section.
After you enable the integration, you can send VWO experiment data to Amplitude at the campaign level. Furthermore, once it is enabled at the account level via the Integrations tab, the Amplitude integration is enabled by default for the new VWO testing campaigns.
Specifications of VWO Experiment Data Sent to Amplitude
The data from VWO is sent to Amplitude with the following specifics:
Where # is the Campaign ID and varName is the Variation Name in VWO.
Viewing Reports in Amplitude
To view reports in your Amplitude dashboard, you first need to create an event. Here’s how you can create one:
- Login to your Amplitude account.
The Amplitude dashboard appears.
- From the top panel, click Create New to create a new chart and click Analysis > Segmentation.
- From the events section, click on Select event... and select VWO under Uncategorized.
- Create a segment, say for Variation-1, where the user property is VWO-Test-ID-(XX) = Variation-1. After this, the report is displayed at the bottom of the page.
INFO: To find your test ID, click here.
- To save your chart, click Save on the top right.
NOTE: If you happen to notice a visitor's event property or custom user property getting counted under none or showing an unexpected value, refer to this article.
Finding Your VWO Test ID
To find your test ID in VWO, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to the relevant testing dashboard and select the test for which you want to view the ID.
- Go to Settings > Summary section.
- To view the Test ID, scroll down to the Other Information section and check the Campaign ID.