Integrating VWO with Google Analytics Classic (GA) allows you to view your website data in GA for each variation and filter data based on the metrics defined in GA.
Integrating Google Analytics Classic with VWO involves the following steps:
Enable GA Integration in VWO for a New Test
To enable GA integration for a new test in VWO, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Using the Testing feature of VWO, create a test in VWO.
- Go to > , and select Google Analytics Classic.
- In the Slot field, enter the custom variable slot in Google Analytics Classic that you want to use for VWO.
- In the Account Prefix field, enter the relevant UA account prefix.
NOTE: The Google Analytics Classic option appears only after you have enabled it in the Configurations > Integrations section.
Create Custom Reports
Custom Variable slots are used to pass visitor information. VWO-GA integration uses custom variable slots to send information related to the tests, variations that your visitors access.
- Log in to your GA account.
- Go to the Reporting tab.
The Users Overview page appears.
- To create a custom report for the VWO test you integrated with GA, select +Add Segment.
- Click New Segment.
UI to configure your segment appears.
- To configure the segment conditions, click Conditions.
- From the Add Content dropdown, select Custom Variable (Key XX).
NOTE: The Key number you select must match the Slot number you entered in VWO.
- Enter the Campaign ID of the test campaign you want to view reports for.
INFO: To view the Campaign ID, select the campaign in VWO and navigate to Settings > Summary > Other Information.
- To view reports of the entire test, click Preview.
- To view specific reports of control or variation, click the AND condition and then select Custom Variable (Value XX). Make sure that the Value number matches the Key selected and the slot number you entered in VWO.
- To view the report of a specific variation, select the report and click Preview.