A feature test campaign enables you to test a product feature by creating variations with a different set of variables until you are sure you are rolling out the best one.
- Log in to your VWO account.
- Go to FullStack > Feature Tests.
- To create a new feature test campaign, click Create.
New Feature Test Campaign page appears.
- From the Feature dropdown, select a feature you want to work with.
NOTE: The Feature dropdown displays the feature which you have created in the Feature creation step. If you have not created any feature, select the option Create Feature from the dropdown.
To know how to create a feature, refer to Creating a Feature.
- In the Campaign Key field, enter a name for your campaign.
- From the Project dropdown, choose a project you want to work with.
NOTE: The Project dropdown displays the project which you have created in the project creation step. If you have not created any project, select the option Create Project from the dropdown. To know how to create a project, refer to Configuring Projects in VWO FullStack.INFO: Once you select a project, the Environment Name field displays the environment(s) marked as Default during project creation.
- From the Environment Name dropdown, select the environment where you want to run your test. This dropdown displays the environment(s) which you have chosen in the project creation step.
NOTE: Using the option Add another environment, you can run your test on multiple environments.
- To add more projects, click Add another project.
- Click Next.
The Variations page appears.
- On the Variations page, all the variables created corresponding to the feature are displayed, and the option to turn the variables on/off and add another variation. You can change the Default value only if the variation is turned on.
NOTE: To create a variation, use the option Add Variation.INFO: As soon you make any change on this page, the code block present at the bottom of the page gets updated accordingly. You can now deploy this code block on your servers. Also, based on your requirements, you can add your custom logic to this code block.
- Click Next.
The Goals / Metrics (if your account is enabled with Data360) page appears.
- On the Goals / Metrics page, define the goals/metrics that you want to track.
- Click Next.
The Traffic Allocation page appears.
- On the Traffic Allocation page, specify the percentage of users you want to allocate to the campaign.
- In the Advanced Options section, you can set the scheduling and customize each variation's traffic allocation. To know more about this, refer to Dividing Your Website Traffic Among Variations.
- Click Create.
To verify if your feature test campaign is successfully created, go to FullStack > Feature Tests, and search for the campaign you have created in the campaign list.