In VWO, you can seamlessly deploy the winning variation (or any other variation) of a test with a single click. All you need to do is, click on the Deploy option present in VWO. With this feature, you can quickly deploy a variation on the go wherever you are, using hand-held devices such as a mobile, tablet, etc. You don't need to be near your desktops or laptops to deploy a variation.
1. As of now, the Deploy feature is only available in A/B test campaigns.
2. If Control is the winner, the Deploy instantly option does not appear on the UI.
Don't Have a Winner Yet, But Wish to Deploy a Variation?
Yes, you can achieve this in VWO by using the Deploy Variation option. It is an easy two-step process that copies all the configurations from your existing test campaign and creates a new deploy campaign. Here, you also have the option to modify the configurations of the new campaign before starting it. For example, add mobile traffic in targeting conditions.
Things to Consider While Working with the Deploy Variation Feature
- The Deploy Variation option appears for all the variations except the control.
- By default, VWO Deploy will use the testing quota unless you have purchased a deploy-only quota. Once your deploy quota is over, VWO will automatically start using your testing quota.
- The original A/B test will automatically stop whenever the linked deploy test starts.
- When the deployed campaign is in progress, you cannot start the original A/B test, i.e., only one of them can run at a time. If you still wish to run the original A/B test, you'll have to pause the Deploy campaign first and then start the A/B test. We recommend that you clone the A/B test and then restart it to ensure that you have valid data for your A/B test.
- If your variation's scheduling criteria have expired, it will not carry forward to the new deploy campaign. However, if it's active, you get an option to copy it to the deploy campaign. When you start the deploy campaign, it gets overridden in the linked A/B test.
- If you don't start the deploy campaign from the A/B test, the newly created deploy campaign will get linked to the current A/B test and is shown in a tile on the Summary and Report page.
- If you have manual campaign activation in your old campaign and you copy it to the deploy campaign, you will need to update your website's activation code. This is because the campaign activation code contains the campaign ID, and when a new campaign gets created, the campaign ID changes.
- When you start a linked deploy campaign, and the A/B test still has a few schedules that can enable the A/B test in the future (such as a recurring starting schedule), it will be disabled.
How Does Quota Consumption Work for VWO Deploy
To learn how does quota consumption works in VWO, refer to VWO Deploy Quota FAQs.
Putting It to Work
To deploy the winning variations (or any other variation) of a test in VWO, perform this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the panel on the left, select a TESTING > A/B.
- On the testing dashboard, select the test with the variation you want to deploy and go to the REPORT tab.
- Scroll down to the section that displays a list of variations.
- To deploy the winning variation, click the Deploy Instantly option present next to the winning variation.
- Don't have a winner and wish to deploy a variation, click on the vertical ellipsis icon (⋮) corresponding to any variation (except the control version).
- From the context menu that appears, select the Deploy Variation option.
A dialog to deploy a variation appears.
- In the Deploy Variation dialog, choose the variation you want to deploy from the Choose variation to deploy dropdown.
The configurations corresponding to the campaign appear.
- From the configurations that appear, select any (or all) configuration you want to copy to the deploy campaign.
- To process further, click CREATE CAMPAIGN AND PROCEED. With this, a new campaign gets created, and the information about the campaign is displayed in the dialog.
- If you wish to edit the variations before deploying them, click Go to Campaign. This creates a new deploy campaign and links it with the current A/B test.
Based on the campaign configurations, the following information appears:
a. Which quota will be used. If you have not purchased a separate quota for VWO Deploy, the Testing quota in your account will be used for deploy campaigns.
b. Starting the new deploy campaign will automatically pause the linked A/B test.
c. In case you have used manual campaign activation, the following message appears: “Manual campaign activation code has changed. Replace the campaign activation code on your website with the code shown below.” This is because the campaign activation code includes the campaign ID, and when a new campaign gets created, the campaign ID changes.
d. In case you have configured the scheduling that can start in the future, it will get overridden.
- If you wish to preview your variation before deploying it, click Preview.
- To finalize your changes and start the campaign, click START CAMPAIGN NOW.