Integrating the Heap Analytics tool with VWO helps you push data from campaign pages and monitor or compare campaign data by using the Heap dashboard. The end-to-end process of integrating Heap with VWO involves the following steps:
Adding VWO Smartcode to your website
Defining the VWO Segment in your Heap Account
Adding VWO Smartcode to Your Website
Add the following code snippet on the pages where the VWO test is running. The snippet works with both the Synchronous and Asynchronous code of VWO, regardless of its location with respect to the VWO code.
Defining the VWO Segment in Your Heap Analytics Account
To define the VWO segment in your Heap Analytics account, perform this:
- Login to your Heap account.
- From the analytics dashboard, go to Definitions.
- In the Definitions page, go to Segments.
- To create a new segment for the VWO test you want to track, click New Definition > New Segment.
Select a category (in our example, Uncategorized), or enter a new name for organizing your projects(in our example, VWO A/B Test 19).
Enter the VWO test ID for the segment in the format VWO-ExpId-#, where # is a numeric test ID value. You will find the variation name displayed for the visitor in the test. In the image above, the test ID is 19.
In the Filters field, select the operator value as is defined.
Once done, click Define Segment.
You can now view the data from VWO on your Heap dashboard.
- To view the data variation-wise, open the reports in Graph view, select the already created A/B test segment, and Group by A/B Test.
How to View Your VWO Test ID
To view your VWO test ID, perform this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to the relevant testing dashboard and select the test for which you want to view the ID.
- From the SUMMARY page of your test, go to SETTINGS >SUMMARY.
To view the Test ID, scroll down to the OTHER INFORMATION section of the page and check for the CAMPAIGN ID.