In this article, you’ll learn:
Heap is an analytics platform that helps product, marketing, and customer success teams craft exceptional digital experiences that convert and retain users. Heap automatically collect all customer data from your site or app to generate key insights for improving your product, driving conversion, activation, and retention, and getting advance signal on changes in customer behavior.
To learn more about Heap, click here.
Integration VWO with Heap
Integrating the Heap Analytics tool with VWO helps you push data from VWO campaign pages and monitor or compare campaign data using the Heap dashboard. The end-to-end process of integrating Heap with VWO involves the following steps:
Enabling the Heap Integration for Your VWO Account
To enable the VWO-Heap integration for your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to the INTEGRATIONS tab.
- Click on the Heap integration and enable it. Once enabled, the Heap screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
Once the integration is enabled, you can choose to send VWO experiment data to Heap at a campaign level.
By default, the Heap integration is enabled for the new VWO testing campaigns. To learn how to enable it for your existing integrations, refer to Enable Heap Integration for Existing Campaigns.
Defining the VWO Segment in Your Heap Analytics Account
To define the VWO segment in your Heap Analytics account, perform this:
- Login to your Heap account.
- From the analytics dashboard, go to Definitions.
- On the Definitions page, go to Segments.
- To create a new segment for the VWO test you want to track, click New Definition > New Segment.
Select a category (in our example, Uncategorized), or enter a new name for organizing your projects(in our example, VWO A/B Test 19).
Enter the VWO test ID for the segment in the format VWO-ExpId-#, where # is a numeric test ID value. You will find the variation name displayed for the visitor in the test. In the image above, the test ID is 19.
In the Filters field, select the operator value as is defined.
Once done, click Define Segment.
You can now view the data from VWO on your Heap dashboard.
- To view the data variation-wise, open the reports in Graph view, select the already created A/B test segment, and Group by A/B Test.
Enable Heap Integration for Existing Campaigns
If you wish to enable the Heap integration for your existing campaigns, you can edit your campaign settings, as shown below.
How to View Your VWO Test ID?
To view your VWO test ID, perform this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Go to the relevant testing dashboard and select the test for which you want to view the ID.
- From the SUMMARY page of your test, go to SETTINGS >SUMMARY.
To view the Test ID, scroll down to the OTHER INFORMATION section of the page and check for the CAMPAIGN ID.