In this article, you’ll learn:
Demandbase is a targeting and personalization platform for business-to-business (B2B) companies. With Demandbase integration, you can create B2B audiences for delivering personalized content to the companies you care about the most. This enables you to provide meaningful information to these companies on their very first visit to your website, even before they have identified themselves to you.
To know more about Demandbase, click here.
Integrating VWO with Demandbase
With the VWO-Demandbase integration, you can utilize the company's attribute to deliver personalized content to any user from a specific company’s IP address or run A/B tests only for targeted companies meeting certain criteria, for example, all fortune 100 companies located in the US
Integrating VWO with Demandbase is a two-step process:
- An active Demandbase account.
- The value of the var parameter you have specified for the api.company-target.com/api/v2/ip.js endpoint or any variable with all the company API data set in it. Make sure this variable is in the window scope so that we can read it.
INFO: To know more about this parameter, click here.
Enable the Demandbase Integration in VWO
To enable the VWO-Demandbase integration for your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to the INTEGRATIONS tab.
- Click on the Demandbase integration and enable it. Once enabled, the Demandbase screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
- Once done, click SAVE.
Use Demandbase Data as Targeting Condition in VWO
To use the Demandbase integration as a targeting condition in VWO, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Using the TESTING section, create a test campaign.
- In the URL(s) page, expand the More Options section and select the Enable campaign for a specific visitor group option.
- Go to the CUSTOM segment and create a segment using the following condition: Demandbase Attribute. Here's an example of how you can put it to use.
INFO: To learn about the company attributes available for targeting, click here.To know more about custom segments in VWO, refer to How to Define Custom Visitor Segments.NOTE: When you choose Demandbase Attribute as a targeting condition, we set the Poll Until setting to Custom Event by default, which includes a code snippet that waits 5 seconds for the demandbase attribute variable (the value you specified in the Config tab) to be available. The segmentation condition will not apply if this is not available within 5 seconds. This time interval can be modified (as per your requirements) in the code snippet highlighted in the screenshot below.
- To add multiple conditions, click Add another condition. Also, you can define the logical relationship between the different conditions using the AND/OR operators and use brackets to organize the segment condition.
- Once done, click Save Segment.
You might experience a delay in VWO changes getting applied on the page as the Demandbase API call might take some time to populate the required info on the page.