In this article, you’ll learn:
Clearbit is the marketing data engine for all of your customer interactions. It helps businesses grow by providing tools that help them deeply understand their customers, identify prospects, and personalize every marketing and sales interaction.
To know more about Clearbit, click here.
Integrating VWO with Clearbit
With the VWO-Clearbit integration, you can utilize the company's attribute to deliver personalized content to any user from a specific company’s IP address.
Integrating VWO with Clearbit is a two-step process:
- A Clearbit account.
- Ensure that the Clearbit-Reveal API code is installed on your webpage or the Reveal API data is set in any variable.
1. The Reveal API is only available in Clearbit's Enterprise plan. To get access to the API, please contact the Clearbit team.
2. To know more about Reveal API, click here. In addition, if you wish to learn about the available variable set in Reveal API, click here.
Enable the Clearbit integration in VWO
To enable the VWO-Clearbit integration for your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to the INTEGRATIONS tab.
- Click on the Clearbit integration and enable it. Once enabled, the Clearbit screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
INFO: To know more about Reveal API, click here. In addition, if you wish to learn about the available variable set in Reveal API, click here.
- Once done, click SAVE.
Use Clearbit Data as Targeting Condition in VWO
To use the Clearbit integration as a targeting condition in VWO, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Using the TESTING section, create a test campaign.
- In the URL(s) page, expand the More Options section and select the Enable campaign for a specific visitor group option.
- Go to the CUSTOM segment and create a segment using the following condition: Clearbit Company Attributes. Here's an example of how you can put it to use.
INFO: To know about the company attributes available for targeting, click here.
To know more about custom segments in VWO, refer to How to Define Custom Visitor Segments.
NOTE: When you choose Clearbit Attribute as a targeting condition, we set the Poll Until setting to Custom Event by default, which includes a code snippet that waits 5 seconds for the clearbit company attribute variable (reveal_organisation or the value you specified in the Config tab)to be available. The segmentation condition will not apply if this is not available within 5 seconds. This time interval can be modified (as per your requirements) in the code snippet highlighted in the screenshot below.
- To add multiple conditions, click Add condition. Also, you can define the logical relationship between the different conditions using the AND/OR operators and use brackets to organize the segment condition.
- Once done, click Save Segment.
You might experience a delay in VWO changes getting applied on the page as the Clearbit API call might take some time to populate the required info on the page.