In this article, you’ll learn:
6sense is a predictive prospect analysis and lead scoring software that gathers data on your prospective buyers, analyzes their requirements, and predicts their behaviour across various stages of the buyer journey.
Integrating VWO with 6sense enables you to utilize the company attributes and segments provided by 6sense to deliver personalized content. This would typically provide intelligence on who is in-market to buy, what products, when they will buy, and where they are in the buyer’s journey. For example, performing an A/B test on users coming from a certain company’s IP address that is revealed by 6sense.
To learn more about 6sense, click here.
Integrating VWO with 6sense
VWO empowers content managers to run A/B tests or personalization at scale in an intuitive manner.
Integrating VWO with 6sense is a two-step process:
An active 6sense account.
Access to the Company Identity API of 6sense.INFO: To know more about this API, please get in touch with the 6sense support team.
- Access to the API key of your 6sense account.
NOTE: You can view or create the API key of your 6sense account under the Manage Account tab in the 6sense dashboard. This API key is required to apply 6sense segments in your VWO account.
Enable the 6sense integration in VWO
To enable the VWO-6sense integration for your VWO account, follow this:
- Log in to your VWO account.
- From the left panel of your VWO dashboard, go to Configurations > Integrations.
- Click on the 6sense integration and enable it. Once enabled, the 6sense screen within the VWO’s Integration section looks like this:
- To use the segments from your 6sense account to run campaigns in VWO, navigate to the Config tab, enter the API key from 6sense, and click on Sync Data. Now, your 6sense segments will be enabled in VWO for targeting visitors for your VWO campaigns.
Use 6sense Data as Targeting Condition in VWO
To use the 6sense attributes as a targeting condition in VWO, follow this:
- Login to your VWO account.
- Using the Testing section, create a test campaign.
- In the URL(s) page, expand the More Options section and select the Enable campaign for a specific visitor group option.
- Go to the Custom segment and create a segment using the following conditions, as required:
INFO: To learn about the company attributes available for targeting, please get in touch with the 6sense support team. To know more about custom segments in VWO, refer to this article.NOTE: When you choose 6sense Attribute as a targeting condition, we set the Poll Until setting to Custom Event by default, which includes a code snippet that waits 5 seconds for the localStorageKey (_6senseCompanyDetails or the value you specified in the Config tab)to be available. The segmentation condition will not apply if this is not available within 5 seconds. This time interval can be modified (as per your requirements) in the code snippet highlighted in the screenshot below.
- 6sense Attribute - Use this to fetch the system-provided attributes from your 6sense account.
- 6sense Segment - Use this to fetch the segments that you have created in your 6sense account. With this, you can target your VWO campaigns using the selected 6sense segment.
Here's an example of how you can put it to use.
- To add multiple conditions, click Add condition. Also, you can define the logical relationship between the different conditions using the and/or operators and use brackets to organize the segment condition.
- Once done, click Save Segment.
You might experience a delay in VWO changes getting applied on the page as the 6sense API call might take some time to populate the required info on the page.